Knox Hill project: Weekly update

We had nice comfortable weather and you could tell that fall was in the air. Won't be long.
Work on outside continues (before it gets too cold) The front work is "almost done. I am almost ready to install the new corner cap boards and install the brackets under the box gutter.

The demo work behind us is almost ready to go and they completed the abatement work. I wonder what the view will be like when that house is gone. Certainly our house will be more open and we will finally get some southern exposure light!

I expressed my concerns this morning to the demolition contractor who is doing the demo. The problem is best illustrated in this photo. Our house is on the right. the center is the "servants quarters' for the house west of us (this abuts our house). On the left is the McBrayer house that is coming down. The PROBLEM is with the trees that are growing into the foundation of that house. Clearly when the foundation is demoed those trees have no support AND they lean towards our house. A problem, and, not acceptable if they fall. I gave the demo contractor permission to do demo from our lot if necessary to prevent those trees from falling in our direction. I do not want to have to deal with insurance companies and the city and I put him on notice of our concerns. He seems like he knows what he is doing and assured us that they will take the appropriate steps to protect our house from damage. I hope so!!!!!!

We also began priming the back of the house. We will be completely residing this side with new hardi because of door and window changes but I wanted that side to look presentable from the street and our neighbors views once the house behind us in down. I wish the owner of the servants quarters (its a rental) next to us would fix his east wall and paint it. Otherwise we will have to find away to screen it from view when we add the new rear screened-in porch.
I am pleased that everything we have planed so far has survived in spite of minimal watering.

Share on :
Knox Hill project: Weekly update
Knox Hill project: Weekly update
Reviewed by citra
Published :
Rating : 4.5