International Style in Cincinnati


I will be the first to state that I am a dyed in the wool Victorian house nut. However long before emersing myself in Victoriana I dabbled in art deco antiques so while I probably wouldnt want to own one I have an appreciation for the "international style" of architecture.
On our daily trip to Home Depot every weekend we drive by this International style building on Harrison. It is one of two structures within two blocks of each other. This one is more original , the other (which is for sale) is covered in vinyl and aluminum siding. Surrounded by more traditional late victorian and craftsman homes this structrure must have created quite a stir when it was built. Sitting on a bluff as it does it likely has incredible views from the back.
I might mention there is a local group in Cincinnati dedicated to the International style and art modern architecture called cf3.org http://www.cf3.org/site/component/option,com_frontpage/Itemid,1/
Share on :
International Style in Cincinnati
International Style in Cincinnati
Reviewed by citra
Published :
Rating : 4.5