Re-Urbanization-Will Suburbia die?

There was an intersting article I read in the Wall Street Journal http://online.wsj.com/article/SB121642866373567057.html?mod=yhoofront
That talked about the end of "White Flight" to urban neighborhoods. For the first time in decades cities black populations are losing ground. In fact I know my own neighborhood here in Indianapolis looks little like it did 10 years ago when I first started restoring here. The unfortunate thing is it lost its diversity somewhat, my last neighborhood meeting looks more like a country club that a neighborhood meeting with Volvo wagons and Mercedes SUV's in the lot, the major topic was how much everyones property taxes went up. It"s odd I still remember us being the only white people on our block and I know how Everett our neighbor must feel because he is our only black person on the block now.

Change can be good, our neighborhood is certainly safer but frankly its a little boring now! I so want to get back to a diverse neighborhood!
Share on :
Re-Urbanization-Will Suburbia die?
Re-Urbanization-Will Suburbia die?
Reviewed by citra
Published :
Rating : 4.5